Skip to main content

Thank you to a great preschool


Thanks for caring enough to listen openheartedly to me and what I have had to say about the world, about slides and  books and balloons and pumpkins.

Thank you for the chestnut tree.

Thank you for helping me take care of myself and seeing myself as a little person with a point of view.

Thanks for supporting my efforts to take care of other people and animals and creatures.

Thanks for not automatically assuming I am straight and for not labelling me "all boy" or "a princess".

Thank you for being careful about what snacks you gave me.

Thank you for trusting that I would create interesting things with paint and glue and beautiful everyday objects.

Thank you for believing in me and not dismissing my attempts to communicate in all the different ways that I can.



Thank you for letting me wear pjs to school two times and for letting me bring my flashlight to school.

Thank you for the obstacle courses.

Thank you for agreeing with me that the world is full of amazing things.

Thanks for helping me see possibilities in even the smallest bead and seed and weed.

Thank you for letting me explore the world with my own questions and on my own terms.

Thank you for showing me that learning is going to be a part of my whole life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing it out.

Since 2020, I have written the following: -grandiose grocery lists (written on an empty stomach) that often end up getlting left behind at home -funding proposals -delicately worded emails -harried Whatsapp messages -a slew of facebook messages (that basically kept me alive) -a tinder profile or two... -utilitarian text messages -heart felt text messages -the very occasional love note (on paper) to a friend or a loved one The things I have not written since 2020: -a journal -a multi-page handwritten letter -a play -a sketch -a novel -more than 2-3 blog posts that I didn't even publish -a pros and cons list

Playing School

Proper Cry

Photo Source:  thesetingstaketime.com  via  Stephanie  on  Pinterest I love to laugh.  I love laughing so hard I lose  control.  I love that release.    For this reason and lots of others, I could not wait to see the blockbuster, Bridesmaids last summer.  Everyone told me, "you are going to pee yourself. It is so FUNNY." And yes, I almost did pee myself, but I also cried through almost the entire last half of the movie.  I did not laugh so hard I cried, I just plain sobbed. I felt really sad watching the story of two friends come to terms with how their friendship was changing.  I was really surprised by my reaction after all the hype about how hilarious the movie was, but I knew why.  The brilliance of this movie was how life can be so hilarious and painful at the same time.    Yesterday, I was on a social networking site and one of the people I follow mentioned that she cried "proper tears" upon reading a story about a woman's tragic childhoo