Skip to main content

Pop Punch and Johnny and the Toddlers


I 'm thinking about starting a band.  Today.  Just for today.  It is one of the many things I could  make today.  Other ideas that have occurred to me are, in no particular order:
1. make a red velvet cake (I've never made one before) and decorate it with pieces of left over valentine candy.  I could create a labyrinth of sweethearts.

2. create something eye-catching to hold my loose papers that are driving me crazy (I could re-purpose that ugly dollar store tray???)

3. a book mark to send to my friend

4.a copy-paper box purse

5.a card for a colleague who is retiring

If you are looking for ideas...
I stumbled on Keri Smith's website recently and I visit it every so often.  It is very inspiring.

According to her bio, Keri is an illustrator and guerilla artist.  She teaches and writes books about creativity.

Right now she's inviting visitors to her site to draw (right onto her site) what is right in front of them and then submit it to a gallery of other drawings of visitors to her site.  She sends out a siren call to office workers and internet users everywhere.  Her invitation is irresistible. I drew my desk calendar.  What will you draw? Go there and start drawing right now.

On her website there is also a project called "create a thing a day month".
Take a look where that takes her.
You can start with these ones:

Practical Cereal Box
Connection Methods

If you are up for a creative challenge or looking for inspiration, you can also go to:  Thing a day 2012

Thing a day 2012 is a collective blog that invites you to participate in creating and sharing your creations. The rules, according to the site, are "minimal, everyone is encouraged to select a weekly, monthly or daily challenge and theme for themselves and get to work. You can use any medium as long as your efforts can be reported back on this blog once a day."

Now, have you decided? What will you create today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing it out.

Since 2020, I have written the following: -grandiose grocery lists (written on an empty stomach) that often end up getlting left behind at home -funding proposals -delicately worded emails -harried Whatsapp messages -a slew of facebook messages (that basically kept me alive) -a tinder profile or two... -utilitarian text messages -heart felt text messages -the very occasional love note (on paper) to a friend or a loved one The things I have not written since 2020: -a journal -a multi-page handwritten letter -a play -a sketch -a novel -more than 2-3 blog posts that I didn't even publish -a pros and cons list

Playing School

Proper Cry

Photo Source:  thesetingstaketime.com  via  Stephanie  on  Pinterest I love to laugh.  I love laughing so hard I lose  control.  I love that release.    For this reason and lots of others, I could not wait to see the blockbuster, Bridesmaids last summer.  Everyone told me, "you are going to pee yourself. It is so FUNNY." And yes, I almost did pee myself, but I also cried through almost the entire last half of the movie.  I did not laugh so hard I cried, I just plain sobbed. I felt really sad watching the story of two friends come to terms with how their friendship was changing.  I was really surprised by my reaction after all the hype about how hilarious the movie was, but I knew why.  The brilliance of this movie was how life can be so hilarious and painful at the same time.    Yesterday, I was on a social networking site and one of the people I follow mentioned that she cried "proper tears" upon reading a story about a woman's tragic childhoo